Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Click here to find out more about your rights as a commercial tenant in California during COVID-19.
*** Notwithstanding coronavirus “social distancing,” our law office remains open to serve your legal needs and those of your clients and contacts. Consultation is available by phone, or email, and if necessary at our office. ***
The Chief Justice of the Cal Supreme Court issued an order on March 23rd indefinitely closing all California state civil courts until further notice. No one may file an eviction action for 90 days after the stay may be lifted by law except for evictions needed to preserve health or safety. Judicial foreclosure actions are similarly stayed. Yet there is no bar to proceed with non-judicial foreclosure, i.e., notices of default election to sell or notices of trustee’s sale. That might change.
Until creditors are able to sue in court they will exert little real pressure on debtors to collect on bills other than through threatened trustee’s sale. Still, interest accumulates on unpaid bills. Debtors may ultimately need chapter 7 or 13 protection, which stops trustee’s sales, which legal services I provide. I also negotiate voluntary installment repayment plans.
My real estate law office remains open to you and your contacts by email or phone. I can assist in helping to negotiate deals, reviewing commercial property purchases, and preparing commercial leases, as I have always done.
For residential sale disputes, mediation and/or arbitration may remotely be processed without court appearance. So I can assist you in closing deals for your receipt of sales commissions. Attached is my 2nd Quarter 2020 Newsletter directed to realtors protecting their right to a sales commission, – a good read.
I hope you stay well during this lockdown period, which hopefully may end soon.
Pete Wittlin, Atty. (949) 430-6366
A TOP REAL ESTATE & BUSINESS ATTORNEY IN ORANGE COUNTY
Peter C. Wittlin Attorney at Law specializes in the following practices for clients throughout Southern California facing legal disputes in real estate and business matters, including:
- Commercial Lease Negotiations – From installment purchases to short sales to equity sharing agreements, commercial lease negotiations can quickly become overbearing for both tenants and landlords alike. Attorney Peter Wittlin can help alleviate the number of legal discrepancies that may arise from contractual issues concerning title agreements by offering sound advice backed by over thirty years of court experience in commercial real estate and lease negotiations.
- Real Estate Litigations – Real estate laws and litigations involve a lot of complexities. Therefore, choosing a lawyer you can trust throughout the process is a must. Peter Wittlin is an experienced and knowledgeable real estate lawyer who can help with a wide range of legal real estate concerns such as performing a title search, making the buyer aware of any judgements, as well as any other related matters needed to guide each client from their contract stage to closing.
- Probate Litigations – Litigations in estate planning are urgent matters that require impeccable detail and a tremendous amount of documentation to complete. Peter Wittlin is a probate lawyer who can help navigate you through all the different steps with minimal complications. This can include expert guidance on asset protection, trust planning, income tax issues, and more.
- Bankruptcy Law – Choosing the right bankruptcy lawyer is just as important as choosing the right type of bankruptcy claim to file. As a bankruptcy lawyer for over 30 years, Peter Wittlin has guided individuals and businesses out of serious debt problems by assisting them in choosing the best bankruptcy options for their circumstance. So whether you fall into a Chapter 7, 11, or 13 bankruptcy claim, you can be sure that attorney Peter Wittlin can help you solve which path to pursue for a steady financial future.
- Business Law – From business litigations to dissolutions to mergers and acquisitions, there seems to be a limitless amount of regulations to abide by concerning the sale of any business in the state of California. That’s why choosing a business lawyer who knows the ins-and-outs of selling a business in Southern California is crucial. Peter C. Wittlin Attorney at Law has represented sellers and buyers in business sales for over three decades and continues to stay on track with current regulation changes, including the compliance rules of California’s bulk sales law.
LEGAL COUNSEL YOU CAN TRUST
Peter Wittlin is a real estate attorney practicing in the following areas of Southern California: Orange County, Riverside County, and Los Angeles County. There is practically no sort of real estate problem that Peter C. Wittlin has not grappled with over the course of his 37 years as an attorney. Clients who meet with him immediately note his tremendous understanding of their legal issues. He is an attorney who has earned the trust of his clients.
Attorney Peter Wittlin has received a client rating of 5.0 out of 5.0 from Martindale-Hubbell.* He has twice received the “Most Outstanding Achievement Award” from the Orange County Bar Association real estate attorney section. His tremendous understanding of the law and the services that he has provided have prompted clients to return to him again and again for matters pertaining to their legal needs.
As a real estate attorney, Mr. Wittlin keeps himself busy catering to the needs of individuals and small businesses throughout Southern California. He provides the same quality service whether in rental lease negotiations or the matter is being tried in state or federal court.
To schedule a consultation with Peter C. Wittlin Attorney at Law, please contact us by telephone at (949) 430-6366 or use the form below.
*Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
I found Peter Wittlin after doing a Google search. I read his articles and did some research before getting a consultation from him. We quickly knew he was the real estate attorney to go with because of his patience, knowledge and willingness to keep us informed every step of the way. I highly recommend an experienced attorney when looking around. We were able to get the results we wanted.
Peter was very helpful with my real estate issue I have a home with title issues and he was able to help me resolve this. I appreciated his patience and attention to detail.
Ethical, trustworthy and knowledgeable! Peter Wittlin and his firm have represented me. I have used him for real estate, business formation and bankruptcy matters (preventative measures). I am very pleased with his services, the questions he answers. His fees are fair and he keeps you informed of the process, every step of the way!
Pete is an outstanding Lawyer I have had the pleasure of knowing for many years . He is extremely talented, and gets results. All of the clients that I have referred to him have been extremely happy with his work.
Peter Wittlin was extremely helpful guiding me through the process and negotiating the contract for my new commercial real estate lease. His expertise helped me to save additional money upfront because of tax regulations that other attorneys had overlooked. I will definitely be using him again and recommending him to friends, family, and colleagues.